Friday 5 April 2019

Unauthorised wind farm told to cease operations

A wind farm which was not built according to planning permission has been issued with an enforcement notice to cease operations.
Barnafaddock Wind Farm in Ballyduff Upper, Co Waterford, was built using turbine 103m-diameter blades. It had permission for 90m-diameter blades.
Last November, An Bord Pleanála ruled that the wind farm constituted an unauthorised development because of the anomaly.
On March 22, Waterford City and County Council issued the enforcement notice which gives the owner of the wind farm six months to conform with the original planning permission.

1 comment:

  1. I, unfortunately, have a similar misfortune. I live in Arizona. My house is situated on 5 acres at the very back of a small rural town. My backyard is the Mohave desert. Two years ago the city removed most septic tanks (not mine), installed sewer lines, and a sewer pump lift station over 2 miles away. My house foundation is built upon natural volcanic bedrock and the ground-borne low frequency vibration from the constant, continuous 24/7 running of the underground sewer pump can be felt and heard especially at night. As you might imagine, in the middle of the desert at night it is normally extremely dark and quiet. But recently this has been ruined. I have been living here for 20 years and am just sick at what has occurred. I am certain that this is the source of the noise, as I met with the city sewer representative and we did a test by shutting off the equipment to see if the noise dissipated (which it did). However, they are not willing to do anything (yet) to rectify the situation. I hired an acoustic engineer to sound test within my home. The problem is that the levels are falling within "acceptable" ranges. My acceptable range is where it was before the equipment and machinery was installed: ZERO! Do you have any suggestions on how I can move forward? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete